- Assisting staff on specific projects
- Exam invigilation
- Supporting staff activities
- Refreshments at parents evenings, teas for Year 6 parents, Tirabad DIY weekend
- Supporting student activities
- Sports Day, Year 7 disco, annual £500 grant to School Council
- Fundraising activities
- Gift Aid support, quiz night, Wokingham Half Marathon runners' refreshments, car boot sale, Wokingham Winter Carnival chocolate tombola
- £1,150 Art (camera and laptops)
- £447 D&T (larder fridges)
- £1,000 Drama (projector and screen)
- £1,500 Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme (expedition equipment)
- £707 Economics and Business Studies (iPads)
- £261 Geography (text books)
- £750 ICT (revision books and iPad raspberry pi kits)
- £2,834 Languages (Vocab Express and speaker systems)
- £1,300 Maths (educational software)
- £3,525 Music (music stands, musical instruments and mixing desk)
- £4,361 PE (table tennis tables, cross trainer, team shirts)
- £1,700 Science (melting point equipment)
- £365 Special Educational Needs (assessment software)
If you would like to make a contribution to the School through Gift Aid (which adds 25% to the value of a donation). please complete the forms below and return them to the PTA Treasurer through the School Office. Thank you.
Any person with parental responsibility for a child who currently attends the Emmbrook School is automatically a member of the PTA. There is a core group of parents who form the Committee. However, you do not have to be on the Committee to attend and contribute to meetings or help out with fundraising and running events. Everyone is welcome and has something to offer.
The Committee are nominated and elected at the AGM at the beginning of each academic year. As per the Constitution, the Committee consists of the Headteacher, 2 members of staff, 1 Governor and 10 or more parents. All Committee Members are Trustees in the eyes of the Charity Commission.
The Committee for the year 2015 / 2016 is as follows:
- Chair - Sandra Lewis
- Secretary - Karen Pratt
- Treasurer - tbc
Other named members are: Sarah Brownlee, Simon Corcoran, Helen Coyne, Ann-Marie Dick, Susan Keogh, Marianne McMinn, Liz Reed, Claire Thomas and Marianne Tizzard.
The staff members are Craig Johnson and Nick McSweeney and the Governor is David Whiting.