Attendance and Reporting an Absence
We take the attendance of our students seriously and encourage everyone to attend school every day. We are keen to work with parents and carers to help ensure excellent attendance and punctuality for pupils. Higher attendance is directly correlated with better exam performance. What do we ask parents to do?
- If your daughter/son is unavoidably absent please contact the attendance team by telephoning 0118 9784406 or emailing us via email@example.com on the FIRST DAY of absence.
- Please maintain contact with the school every day while they are absent. For absence longer than five days, medical evidence is required.
- Failure to contact the school could result in your child receiving an UNAUTHORISED ABSENCE.
- Holidays during term time are allowed only under exceptional circumstances. These should be agreed with the Headteacher.
- Medical and other appointments should be made out of school time.
- If there are any problems with attendance, contact the school straight away.
- Ensure that your child is on site for 8.20am, to start lessons at 8.25am.
- We will text/email/phone call to alert you if your child is absent and there is no known reason.
- The importance of attendance will be regularly raised with students, and positive attendance rewarded.
- Students with poor attendance will be supported by relevant staff within the school.
- The school will provide parents with attendance data through parent portal or on request.