Safety on the Internet is important. The following will help remind you how to stay safe and what to do if there is a problem.
- Make sure your social networking profile is private. You can accept your friends but there is no need for other people to see your profile or any of your information.
- Never accept people you do not know. Be aware that not everyone on the internet is who they say they are.
- If you feel that someone is behaving inappropriately towards you through the internet then report this to an adult you can trust.
Dealing with Cyberbullying
- Cyberbullying can happen through a mobile phone, instant messaging or social networking sites.
- If you feel you are being bullied it is a good idea to save any text messages, instant messaging conversations or messages that have been sent to you through social networking sites.
- In school you can speak to your tutor, a teacher, Year Head, Susan Woolfenden or Mrs Panesar.
- The sooner you report it the sooner it can be dealt with
If you feel you cannot talk to an adult please explore these links, they will help you and all have a helpline: