All schools are managed by a governing body, which works closely with the head teacher and senior staff, to run the school in line with Department for Education and Local Authority guidelines.
The Governing Body of The Emmbrook School consists of five parent governors, one local authority governor, one staff governor, one head teacher and ten co-opted governors.
They are all volunteers who give their time and expertise free of charge to ensure that the School is run well, within budget and putting the needs and well-being of students and staff at the forefront.
As with any large organisation, the managers, in our case, the governors, work in a number of committees which cover various aspects of the School’s organisation. These include the Strategy Committee, Teaching, Learning and Staffing Committee, Pay Committee, Resources Committee and Student Committee.
The Governing Body has the following core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the School and its students and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the School and making sure its money is well spent.
The current members of the Governing Body are:
|Local Authority Governor||Dr David Carter - Health and safety governor|
|Head Teacher Governor||Mr Nick McSweeney|
|Staff Governor||Mrs Rachel Moorcroft|
Mr Chris Coyne - Chair of the Governing Body and Chair of the Strategy Committee
Mr Alun Hicks Chair of the Resources Committee
Mrs Fiona Sullivan
Mr Nigel Mihell
Mr Claymore Richardson
Mr Peter Collins - Chair of the Teaching, Learning and Staffing Committee
Mrs Janine Dotchin
Mrs Nicky Hopkins - Vice Chair of the Governing Body, SEN and Safeguarding
Mrs Karen Knight
Further information on the Emmbrook School Governing Body can be found using the links below.
- Attendance by governors at Governing Body meetings in the academic year 2019-20
- Details of each governor who has served at any point in the 12 months prior to 5th February 2020
- Details of relevant business and pecuniary interests of governors who served in the 12 months ending 5th February 2020
- Pay Committee terms of reference
- Resources Committee terms of reference
- Strategy Committee terms of reference
- Student Committee terms of reference
- Teaching, Learning and Staffing Committee terms of reference
If you would like to find out more about the role of the governors or if you wish to contact the governors regarding a particular matter, please feel free to contact me or Faye Andrews, the clerk to the Governing Body, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the School office. We will be able to direct your enquiry to the appropriate governor or committee. All our governors are very approachable.
Chair of Governors